Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Marilyn Monroe


Ok, so I'm a little obsessed with Marilyn Monroe. She was beautiful, misunderstood, and had a kind soul. I read The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe a little while ago, and it was fantastic!! She is portrayed stereotypically as a dumb blonde, but there is so much more beneath the surface. She was a philanthropist, a brilliant actress (she was incredible in Bus Stop), and obviously, one of the most beautiful actresses of old Hollywood.
There's an amazingly detailed makeup look here by the-lovely-marilyn-monroe.popsugar.com, which I'll be doing step by step in a later post! (So stay tuned) But Marilyn also took incredible care of her skin.

I decided to try everything she used!

She used several different brands on her skin, and is most famous for using Erno Laszlo skincare products. They are FANTASTIC, but a little pricey. Maybe when this makeup addict isn't on so much of a budget, I'll be able to try their whole line! Their method is really unique... I'll do a whole Erno Laszlo routine post later. She used a cream called Active pHelityl Cream, which is really great during the winter months! She also used something called the Normalizer Shake-It tinted treatment, which is kind of a tinted toner. I think I'll use this one more during the summer months, as I don't have huge need for a toner during the winter when my skin's a little dryer. FYI, the website is a little confusing, so I actually got a color that's too dark for my skin. Oh well.

She washed her face using Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil, which is also great (but also pricey).

She always kept a protectant on her face, such as the aforementioned pHelityl cream, olive oil, Vaseline, or Nivea Creme.

Olive Oil:
I don't know why I didn't think of this before!! Olive oil is practically bursting with antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids (which are really good for your skin), and I put this on my face at night. It actually wasn't that greasy, because my skin absorbed it really quickly, and it controlled my oil production for the next day! My skin was soft, smooth, and glowy, and it didn't clog my pores. A+!

Vaseline:
All right, all right, there's a lot of negative stuff going around about petroleum jelly and Vaseline, and you can be on either side of the debate. I approve 100% however!!! I love how my skin feels when I put this on at night. Check out this link here about a 90 year old woman who swears this is the secret to younger looking skin!! Ok, so this may not be the solution for people with oily/acne prone skin, but it's good for people with dry-sensitive-normal skin.

Nivea Creme:
WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! Seriously, this stuff saved my skin! It's sooo moisturizing, and cheap! It feels delicious on my face. A little goes a long way, and it make my skin glow. A+++++! :)

All right, that's all for now. Have a great day, lovelies!

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment